Is UBC holding in-person classes for the 2021/22 Winter Session?
Yes. UBC is conducting in-person classes for the 2021/22 Winter Session. The health, safety and wellbeing of our students, faculty and staff remain our first priority. For those returning to in-person teaching and learning, research, or working on campus, we want to help you resume activity in a way that best supports the safety and wellbeing of all members of our community. Here’s what you need to do to help ensure a safe environment for yourself and those around you:
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and complete a daily health assessment. If you are sick, stay at home. Learn about the self-assessment tool at https://bc.thrive.health.
- Make sure you have a non-medical mask, as they are required in public indoor spaces on campus including classrooms.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, make a plan to receive your COVID-19 vaccination. You can book your first and second doses via https://immunizebc.ca. Drop-ins are welcome at all Vancouver Coastal Health clinics. For details visit http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine#vaccination. In the Okanagan, information about immunization clinics can be found at https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/covid-19-immunization-clinics/.
- As a reminder, in BC, free vaccines are available to students arriving from international destinations and other provinces.
The BC Centre for Disease Control and BC Ministry of Health have issued return to campus public health guidance. You can find details at http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID_public_guidance/Public_Health_Guidance_Campus.pdf.